Sunday 22 April 2012

Look at my skirt!!!

At long last I have managed to work out the skirt. It's taken a while but looking at Jerry Greene's schematic I worked out the angle for the curved skirt pieces. From this, new support triangles were cut out and glued in. The curved skirt pieces were then duly stuck down and left while I went to work.

Today, after beating Skye at monopoly, I was allowed (!) into the DMW (Design & Maintenance Workshop). All the skirt ribs have been filed to the same size and then it was a case of where abouts they went on the skirt. A few cups of tea, a look on the computer and I realised there were marks on the base plate - DOH! With the centre line marked as soon as one side was completed and symetrical, the other end was a piece of cake (or another cup of tea).

Before today I did manage to put the curved 1mm piece on the other foot. This did take 3 attempts though as the plastic kept splitting but perserverance paid off.


Tomorrow may see the other battery box made - but who knows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment