Monday 9 April 2012

A little Bank Holiday pleasure

A busy Easter weekend but still some time to visit the deveolpment and maintenance centre (garage).
The skirt had been drying to the body when I thought the curve section should be 1mm - so I cut the 3mm stuff off. Put some 1mm styrene on and started tidying up the detail edges on the feet with my lovely brand new very sharp scalpel and guess what?  Yep, I managed to slice the tops of two fingers. No swearing occurred but instinct cut in and the thumb held the worst wound together while I clamped the parts together.
A visit to the kitchen saw a plaster and micropore tape put over both fingers to hold the cuts together.

A clear plaster, it was
Back to the D&M centre with blood oozing through the covers and I decided to go indoors and research. Few minutes later and the wife noticed and cringed, Skye went "cool! canI see".
Worst news was to follow though - while researching I could see that the curved sections are in fact 3mm - NOOOOOO!!!!!!


The day after the day before




Back outside and 1mm parts off and 3mm parts stuck/clamped on and left to dry overnight.
That's better than first time too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment