Friday 22 March 2013

Let's Build - well do a few bits

With the exam out of the way, I can crack on with building R2. This is a bit more urgent as Skye's school has asked me to take R2-ST in as part of their design and technology lesson after the Easter hols. So it would be nice to have a bit more done.

To start with and because it was a nice day, I thought I'd make the dome support ring. Copying an idea from  James ( http://astromecheadaches.blogspot.co.uk/ ) with his router to make the circle, I obviously improvised. A screw in the centre, a piece of string looped round the screw and router, and a router guide bar to help prevent the router from twisting.


Straight from the school of Bodge-it


 It looks crude, requires careful adjustment to make the diameter smaller BUT it works!!!!












Ta-dah!


It worked out that well that this was the end result. I quite please with how well it fits, but may need to make it smaller for the inner dome.










There was no wind this day, and the dust made a lovely cover over my van and my step-sons lovely Clio F1.  Hi-ho!




No comments:

Post a Comment