Sunday 24 March 2013

It may be snowing outside......

Despite the cold weather, I managed to wrangle a day in the DMW, doing a bit to R2.

A few bits were rubbed with scotchbrite and sprayed with primer. Hopefully the cold weather won't affect the drying process.
Perhaps an unfinished R2 will be better?



I was also trying to work out how to stick the skins together and then mount to the frame. A little research and I have decided to use clear silicone to bond the skins when I buy some. In order to fix the skins to the frame, as I want the skins to be detachable I will be screwing them in somehow. Clamping the front skin to the frame and seeing where the tabs were on the frame, I opted to mix a bit of P38 filler to screw into.


A little filler here...


While this was drying, some surplus P38 was used on a greased under shoulder section to try and make a mould so that some metal infills cane be made. If this doesn't come out it's going to be fun getting the filler out. Hey!Ho!
..a little filler there.


Before the cold reached to far, I managed to generate some heat by soldering my spare Charging Bay Indicator board with some violet/purple LEDS. AS R2-ST will be purple it may look good to have matching (ish) LEDS when the door opens.
Cat-dog (yes, I know its a toy)  mesmerised by the lights


To end the day, a quick set-up on the laptop to ensure everything worked and 'Hey, presto'


No comments:

Post a Comment