Thursday 3 May 2012

At last - a 2nd Battery box






To many curves!!!
Yes, as you can guess from the post title I have finally made the second battery box. What's taken you so long? I hear you ask. Well, in a nutshell I couldn't be bothered to make it with all those curved bits but after giving myself a good talking too it has been completed.





Simples!!
The main parts were cut and glued yesterday which was nice and straight forward making a box.









Today was the day both boxes would get their second skin.


Order another pallet of masking tape please!!!
It was easy to cut being 1mm styrene. An idea I copied from somewhere was to give the door a lip. I decided 5mm all round would be good, so instead of following the line a new one was made 5mm bigger. Lining this up on the 3mm stuff was easy but one thing to be aware off is it leaves very little styrene before the curve section. I would recommend that this left to dry overnight before glueing the curve. But I didn't want to do that, so I had a bash at glueing the curves on. This involved some copious lengths of masking tape to keep the 1mm stuff in contact.


That's as far as I got today and I'm please with it. By the time I get back to the DMW they will be ready to finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment