Friday 28 October 2011

The Skeleton

Well, I did say this could be a long build.....

After having the frame all cut out and ready to go a few weeks ago, I eventually managed to spend some time in the garage. A morning checking the son-in-laws scooter left the afternoon free to begin putting the frame (skeleton) together.

A good clean of the base and placement on the workbench means time to start. The syringe was loaded with glue and the first drops landed in the right place. The first upright was on and 2 small angles used to ensure it was vertical. Once they have set at this I shall place a thin bead along both sides of the upright to make sure it stays in place. For some reason I decided to do the adjacent uprights instead of opposite, but I think it turned out alright.


Due to the curved bits(!) on the ankle part, I decided to fit the second layer next. This required a bit of weight to ensure that the uprights stuck correctly. The ankle bit were then placed in and a curved bit cut to the shape of the second ring. This way I know that it has the right shape the right size to help the skins.

A bead of glue was put all around the uprights and left to dry overnight.

Hopefully, I can wangle some time to carry on tomorrow and finish the frame. I've also been given the all clear to suggest some budget skins for xmas - at least this will make R2 look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment